Alpha Cell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cell group for Algonquin College

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Many Kings?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pastor~Dillon

Pastor~Dillon

How Many Kings? Empty
PostSubject: How Many Kings?   How Many Kings? EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:43 am

There is a song that I have recently been introduced to called how many kings... I'd like us all to think about this as we come closer to Christmas. Christmas represents so much importance in our lives; Love, Family, Giving... but ultimately we are celebrating the birth and sacrifice of our saviour Jesus Christ. How many kings Have given their lives for me? How many kings have stepped down from their throwns? How many kings have abandoned their homes? How many greats have become the least for me? How many God's have poored out their hearts to romance a world that has torn us apart? How many Fathers have gave up their sons for me?We are all familar with the story of Jesus' birth but taking the time to recognize and rejoice in His birth is the least we can do for He; that which, gave so much for us.
Please take the time to overlook the story of Jesus' birth.
Matthew 1:18-2:23, Luke 1:27-38, Luke 2:1-20

Now if we look deeper into the Story of our Saviours birth there are many symbolistic depictions that occur. Is it possible that Jesus being born in a stable because their was no room in any of the inns displays how we would all treat him in the future? Is it that sinful mankind has no room for Jesus in their lives? And the very God of the universe was not welcome on earth! God has found little vacancy in many of our hearts, we reject our Father and His Love daily. Imagine your child or children turning away from you when ever you opened your Arms...
Was he given Gold for his honour? Being seen as something precious, and superior.
Was he given Frankincense for his pleasure? In the old testament God had incense burned because he found the odur to be pleasing to him. Frankincense is used for such religious ceremonies, incense or perfume also represents priestship or Rabbi (religious teacher).
Was he given Myrrh for the cross he would suffer? Myrrh was used as an embalming oil (symbolizing deathand suffering). Which is used after someone has passed away and being prepared to be laid to rest.
The future of His life was predicted for Him the day He was born.(He was given prophetic emblems of His inevitable Identity)
He was all that is precious and superior, He became a teacher and leader to his disciples, and ultimately lived to die For US!
Jesus truly Lived To Love Rather Than Loved to Live.....
We need a hero to save us from ourseleves and He has come, and forever regins "He will save His people from their Sins"(Matthew 1:21).
"Come to save us all from Satan's brow as we were all astray." Ooooh tidings of Comfort and Joy! Now to the Lord sing praises!

Father, Bless all of Us as we venture into this wonderful celebration for the Birth of your Son Jesus Christ, God in the flesh! May we Rejoice! Be merry! And please Help us Enjoy this time in recognition of our Saviour. May we truly see this celebration for what it is, and feel your presence through these coming days, and many more to come. May we take the time to invite Jesus to His Own Brithday Party! In the Name of Your Son Jesus, You so lovingly sacrificed at our undeserving Hands. Amen.(So be it)

Merry Christmas Everyone! & God Bless!

Dillon
Back to top Go down

How Many Kings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Cell :: General :: General-
Jump to: